Tuesday 5 July 2016

#thedailymarker30day day 1

The lovely Kathy from thedailymarker.com has just started her 30 day colouring challenge.  The idea is to spend as little as 5 or 10 minutes or as much as you'd like colouring in every day.

I really do need to get my copics back out but I've fancied trying a no lines watercolour technique for ages but my colouring is still so bad I chickened out and went with a nearly no lines by using a soft brown di rather than antique linen with this one.

Hero Arts delicate blossom stamp on Langton Hot Pressed watercolour paper.  Orange, geranium red and red clean color pens and layered gradually using a nos3 round brush.

I'm very tempted to add in some detail using polychromos but this is the only impression I have of the stamp as it arrived in 2 pieces and there's no more stock available :(  I did put the pieces together in the hope that it would be workable but there's a very small mismatch in the stems.


4 comments:

Deni(se) said...

Very pretty. You are using your Zig Clean Color markers beautifully.

Nan G said...

Beautifully colored poppies.

Aileen said...

Looks absolutely wonderful. I think your painting with the zigs is perfect. I have this stamp at home and had forgotten, time to get it out and give it some more love.

Di Di W said...

So pretty.