Wednesday 11 March 2015

jinxed or what

These are 2 cards made with the same cardstock, same colours & same layout from Sketch Saturday challenge blog but talk about jinxed.  These have been on & off of other layers more than a couple of times.  Still not happy with either but hey ho.


Next month at playday we're running through bleeding tissue technique so I came up with this one as a sample, will also do as daughters bday card in June.

Unlike other bleeding tissue techniques I use plain white wrapping tissue and add colour with brushos & reinkers.  It works for me and gives me more control over which shades & how much I let it bleed.  One thing I have found is be careful if diecutting fancy shapes, it's really difficult to seperate the layers and if you have more than 1 layer of tissue the colour wont bleed through.
Spellbinder dies, jofy stamp, cheapie font stamps from woodware & a sentiment that came free with something years ago.  Crystal glitter glue.




Same inks (stampinup) as before but from pads rather than reinkers.  Blended over a strip of white using ink dusters.  The stamp is from one of IndigoBlus meadow sets.  Mounted onto black which has been punched with scalloped scallop.

I had meant to stick the panel slightly higher but too late so the sentiment is now a bit too high.  What you can't see in the pic is that this panel is now mounted on soo many layers it feels more like mountboard, see I said it was jinxed lol.

Same crystal stickles glitter glue over coloured black circles, irl crystal goes a deep bottle green when over black and is quite irridescent.

1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Well I think they are both gorgeous. I love how your design is outside of the central panel in the first one and I love your silhouette and inking in the second one. It's lovely to see you playing along with the Saturdays at Sketch Saturday. Thanks for joining in! Hugs, Lesley