Friday 21 November 2014

IndigoBlu Challenge Blog Let It Snow

I was dead chuffed last month to find that random org had chosen me as the winner of the sketch challenge at IndigoBlu Challenge Blog.  As well as winning my choice of 2 large stamp plates I was asked if I would like to submit a card for their next challenge, which is Let It Snow.

Bit of a challenge as I don't own many IndigoBlu stamps (yet) and I didn't have any to really get into a scene building theme so I had a play around with Frosted Baubles and Seasons Greetings.
I've used the sentiment set loads of times as it fits in with contemporary and vintage themes but had yet to ink up Frosted Baubles.

I started with a 5 1/2inch square of white cardstock and stamped Frosted Baubles in the corner using versamark then heat embossed some WOW clear holographic embossing powder.  I then used stormy sky, faded jeans and dusty concord distress inks to build up a dark layer of blended ink before gently buffing some paper towel over the embossed area to bring back the white pattern, which thanks to the EP  has a pale purple tone when caught in the light.  To add a snowy look I gently misted with water from a spray bottle and left to dry.  My spray bottle gave quite a fine mist which softened the background rather than gave a full on snowy effect so I dabbed some silver adirondack dauber onto my craft mat before adding a drop of water, mixing with a fine paintbrush then tapping the paintbrush mid air over the card to give a splatter effect.

While the silver paint was drying I used the same clear holographic embossing powder to stamp & heat emboss a sentiment from Seasons Greetings on to an offcut of the white card before diecutting with a Spellbinders circle die.  This was inked with primarily stormy sky before the edges were inked with dusty concord to add just a hint of a faux layer before being buffed with paper towel.

Once dry the card was trimmed slightly to hide that it wasn't stamped at perfect right angles in the corner before being matted on some silver holographic mirri card.  I added a piece of stampinup ribbon and mounted both layers on to a white not quite 6*6 card.   I then diecut a slightly larger spellbinder circle die using offcuts from the mirri and matted the sentiment with foam pads. To finish off I added a few purple pearls to the sentiment panel and to the top corner.
 


1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is so beautiful. Loving the purple and aqua colouring. Wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}