Tuesday 23 September 2014

Under The Sea

Get me, yet another new stamp set used.. and only 8 days after buying it!!  (Don't mention the stencils lol)

This is from IndigoBlu Under The Sea and using my beloved Brushos.  The black background has bubble stamp from the set using flitterglu and winter dawn flakes.  Sparkler from Kaisercraft and some lime green organza.  The layout is from IndigoBlu's challenge blog

It wouldn't win any technical merit points, not a good idea to start using new stamps very late at night when you're knackered and haven't stamped them on scrap.  There's faults on each layer where I've managed to catch the edges of the rubber with the ink.  That's not something I do very often so I must have been more tired than I thought.

Starting from the top, I stamped the fish in black versafine, masked it and added the swirly fronds.  The background was given a pale wash with cobalt blue mixed with emerald green before colouring the fish with the same blue and purple.  Once dry I added clear wink of stella over the top.  The frondy part is loosely coloured with emerald & not quite mixed with water olive green.

Once it had all dried the sea looked a bit too even so I went back into the wash and added more layers but patchily so there was some texture.




This is the layer underneath, very little shows so I thought I'd take a seperate pic,  damp water colour paper, sprinkled with stripes of turquoise, ultramarine, emerald and olive green, sprayed quite heavily and lifted at the top so the colours blended in to each other before being sprinkled with rock salt and allowed to dry.  Stamped with the bubbles that I also used on the black background.



4 comments:

gwen70 said...

Gorgeous card, love it

Linda said...

This is gorgeous ..... fab colour choice and the bubbles look great done in the flake. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

Anonymous said...

Beautifulcard and gorgeous colour combo, thanks for joining in with the Indigoblu challenge this month ... good luck :-) Sarah

Unknown said...

I'm in love with Brushos too!! This is a fab card thanks for sharing it in the IndigoBlu Challenge
P xx