Wednesday 24 September 2014

remember those mop up pieces?

Back a few weeks I was playing around with distress paint & brushos and rather than waste paint I always dab offcuts of white card in it and leave to one side for diecutting.

I finally got round to using a few pieces yesterday and this is the result.



Flowers are cut from the mop up pieces using Arianna stamps & dies from Heartfelt Creations.  Leaves are from Cheery Lynn.

I wanted the background to match with the flowers but not be overpowering so I used pea sized blobs of pearlescent tinting medium and mixed in, vermillion, cobalt blue and purple before being dabbed seperately over white card using a ball of clingfilm. 

Sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations and is one of my favourites.  I don't use it that often because it's a whopper.. this is an 8*8 card.




These are a nearer to the real life colour of the flowers, they remind me very much of Love Heart sweets.








I'm going to enter these challenges

Cuttlebug Mania..  Anything diecut

Deep Ocean Challenge blog use at least one flower

Craft-DeeBowZ anything goes with a handmade bow

Stamps & Fun = Creativity handmade background



3 comments:

Kimbo said...

What gorgeous flowers and I love how you've presented them with that beautiful sentiment

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Barbara Bruder said...

This car is so pretty. Love the flowers and the clean lines of the card. Gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Jackie T said...

Your card is gorgeous it has been a pleasure to visit your blog. Hugs Jackie