Friday 8 August 2014

simple sad card and a when you should have said stop

 My uncle Derek passed away earlier this week so I made this card for Aunty Dil. 

Nothing ornate, fancy or fussy, just a memory box die coloured with copics.  SU sentiment embossed with silver ep. White & lilac stardream card & a crafts too embossing folder.
This is one where I should have said stop when I'd finished the bottom right corner and left the top left bare.  Thought flourishes shadow stamped would look good but it didnt so I made a bad thing worse by adding some WV flowers and a cheery lynn swirl..  Think I'll whip the flowers off when I've got the jofy flower stamp I want ;o) 

Despite the pics awful colour it's a pale lilac graduating into a rich royal purple and deep aubergine.  The jofy flowers are paper pieced with lilac/blue/pink/purple metallic painted paper.  My own leaf stencil & a jofy stencil I enlarged.

No comments: