Friday 6 June 2014

New goodies


One of the things the playday ladies hate hearing me say is that if they buy anything at the Taunton Sincerely Yours show they have to make a project with it and prove it before the next playday.  I can't really enforce the rule if I don't follow it myself so I dragged out the inks and settled down to make a birthday card for my daughter.

I started off using seedless preserves, victorian velvet, squeezed lemonade, wild honey and dusty concorde distress ink to create a mottled background.  I then went over with my new memory box stars stencil and seedless preserves di, then an old script stencil & wild honey di.  Next out came the biscotti perfect pearls mist and I sprayed through the stars stencil.  Then came a really old dimension fourth script stamp and yet more seedless preserves di and black archival with a birthday sentiment stamp.  Matted on to black pearl and cream pearl card.

The band was cut using a spellbinders border die, both top and bottom glued underneath a strip of the same black card and some cream grosgrain ribbon from SU.

The Prima doll was another new purchase at Taunton.  I watercoloured her skin & hair with my albrecht druer pencils before adding touches of glittery highlight with a wink of stella.  Once totally dry I cut her out and paper pieced her dress using paper from First Editions "Dream Catcher" pad and lifted her using tiny foam dots.  Despite the card being 5" by 7" I still had to chop her feet off to fit on to the card!

I'm entering the card into the following challenges


A Creative Romance - Birthdays 



5 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

I so love this card, beautiful background! such a fabulous image, many thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance, Mel. xx

kay said...

Well done on making this fab card using your new stamp,love the background x

Kelly said...

Gorgeous x

Sandra DeFalco said...

Congrats on your win of 2 images (excluding sets) in Challenge #93 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in the challenge blog to email Pattie with your image choices within 7 DAYS. Her email info is on the sidebar. Also grab the 'I Won Badge'.
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Zella said...

STUNNING! Thanks for sharing with us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge for our "Birthday" challenge.
Blessings,
Zella