Sunday 15 September 2013

more tags



Bit of a mixed bag with these 3 tags but I was determined to use some of my new stash.

Lots of distress ink (frayed burlap, dried marigold & black soot) and distress markers with the Jofy flower & sentiment & a small section of Dylusions vine border cut, coloured with brass distress paint mixed with some scribbled forest moss ink and mounted with pinflair gel glue.  The centre of the flower has been covered with glossy accents.  In real life there are lots of rolled stamped sections of the vine border stamp which have been mildly bleached with water.




Another of the Jofy stamps,  This time I distressed with tumbled glass, evergreen bough & dusty concord.

Stamped image with versafine and used the picket fence marker, several copics & some watered down silver distress paint to colour in the baubles.

The motif at the bottom has vivas silver pearl pen "pearls"

The ribbon is inch wide organza which has been shrivelled with the heatgun.






This one is thanks to a pma quote that came over my fb feed...  " Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"

Seeing as it was a pma quote I had the bright (ok cheating) idea of finding another quote to theme the tag on.

The tag base was coloured by slodging distress paint on my craft mat, spritzed with water the squidged around. I've then inked through Tims clock stencil in the top right to simulate sun rays and in the bottom left to add texture to the "bush".
 Next up came Dylusions stencil again and some texture paste.. coloured when dry with brass distress paint mixed with forest moss.

I had the base now I had to think of how the heck I could draw a caterpillar.. ding.. hungry caterpillar.. dead easy as it does matter if it's a mess and the colours suited the base.  I trimmed a couple of pieces of cut n dry into thin ovals and played about with mixing different green acrylic paints then dabbing them into a vague semblence of the body.  A thumb print in some bright red chroma paint formed his head and I added eyes, feet and antennae when it had dried.  Next I printed the quote onto card, cut into sections, distressed with old paper & black soot before sticking down with pva.  The butterfly is one of Tims stamps, coloured with markers and huff stamped onto card which doesnt like blending.  Cut, shaped and triple embossed before sticking to the tag with glossy accents.  Really not sure on it as it's gone way beyond my comfort zone and into outer space lol

1 comment:

kay said...

Bet you are lovely and inky now,have to say the caterpillar one is my favourite x