Saturday 10 August 2013

get me being organised!!

Not organised enough to blog on a regular basis but I have at least been in the playroom prepping samples for future playdays. I havent got samples for next month because I'm off to a class at the end of the month with wait for it.... Sir Tim of Holtz... woohoo yippee yay.   I missed out on a spot in his class a couple of years ago and it's taken that long for him to teach another class over here :o(   On the upside to it tho... I'm going with some of my mates from playdays,  Gawd help Tim, he is sooo going to regret us lot going... Trouble with a capital T and that's being polite.. Kay has nefarious plans about kidnapping him then stowing him away in her playroom ;o)

Anyways, next months theme is Homage to Sir Timmy.  Not sure what we'll be doing but it's going to be based on whatever techniques we learn in class then translated to tags.  Be prepared to get inky ladies.

Going back to samples, all 3 are from stampelmiens blog.. I just lurves it there lol.


 Odd, just typed a paragraph and it's disappeared!  CC stamp coloured with copics.  2011 first edition xmas papers, teal cardstock, spellbinders labels 4 dies, memory box frosty border die and shedloads of glamour dust glitter.

Not sure whether we'll be doing this one in October or not, I have vague recollections of having something else planned.  Oh well if I think of it before then I'll let everyone chose.

This is a year round calendar.  Nowt but cream and pewter card stock.  Lots of diecutting with spellbinders dies, asian motifs, the heartfelt gift box & retired bottle cap font.  My absolutest favourite kimmie stamp coloured with copics and a paper pieced dress (first edition papers).

This is the project planned for November





and finally Decembers project. A lantern gift box.

This is one of those rare times when something looks better on the pc screen.  In real life even though I've only used faded jeans ink on everything it's reacted differently on the papers and looks plain wrong to me now.

White card, chipboard, thin d blue card, snowflake embossing folder, cherry lyn (?) barbed wire die, spellbinders bauble die, sugar nellie(?) stamp, azure blue gilding wax, acetate, white su ink, snowflake stamps, various papers and a wee lil wooden knob courtesy of my mate Angie. 

Took me hours to make and it's the decorating that's ruined it, grrrrr.  Will make life easier on myself next time & use patterned cardstock and more traditional colours.

1 comment:

kay said...

Have picked myself up of the floor as you have done a post lol. Loved the projects and look even better in real life and yes watch out everyone,we coming to Coventry x