Saturday, 4 May 2013
1 week later and I still cant find where I've put my box of masks so instead I created paper ones and got out a few stamps I havent played with for a long time (ever with the dandelion fluff lol)
Using from back to front, frayed burlap, gathered twig & walnut stain ink. With hindsight I should have blotted the gathered twig and used the 2nd generation ink rather than pure as it's a bit too dark.
2 background stamps are ones I bought from Stampsandmemories a year (ok 2) ago and I think the dandelion is from Lavinia Stamps but I cant swear to it. Sentiment is from SU and I used one of my new spellbinder dies to create the tag for it to sit on. Matted on to dark brown stardream and a cream card blank. Sketch and Stash where I got the sketch from has a lot to answer to as I then went on to try with a few other sketches, masks and the same inks & card lol. Barely made a card all year and now I've done 3 in less than 24hrs! Hopefully Sandra, Lorrs & Jackie wont be reading this seeing as it's their bdays this month ;o)
Posted by Playing with paper at 14:07
Layout is from CAS(E) this Sketch and I've taken a bit of liberty with it.
Masked panel primarily inked with frayed burlap, gathered twig, walnut stain, and a touch of chipped sapphire, forest moss and dusty concord.
Over stamped with a SU image and sentiment in choc chip ink. Matted onto dark brown stardream and a cream card blank.
Photo doesnt show it but the panel has been edged with a gold krylon pen. I'm still not sure if the sentiment is in the right place or not but Ade likes it.. and it's not often he says that lol
Posted by Playing with paper at 13:53
Again playing using frayed burlap & walnut stain distress inks. Photo doesnt show it but there are tiny hints of tumbled glass, worn lipstick, bundled sage & dried marigold on the main panel.
Layout is from Sketch Saturday
Flower & sentiment stamp - StampinUp, flourish stamp is one of the stamp a page I bought from stampsandmemories.
I started by cutting 2 masks, one for the thin panels and one for the central panel.
Central panel was stamped first, masked, then the masks for the thin panels were laid over the top. Everything but the panel was masked off and I had fun with all of the distress inks mentioned. Bit of a booboo, I used tombow repo on the masks and a tiny bit of it must have stuck to the card and this really went dark when inked over. Voila, one small sentiment cut out and stuck over the top and all is well. Does mean that I'm going to have to stop being a tightwad and buy some ready tacky masking paper if I want to play around with this style again but I suppose I can find something else to buy at the same time ;o)
Finally all the panels were drawn around for definition, krylon gold on the panel, crumb cake marker on thin panels. Matted onto deep brown stardream then a plain cream cardblank. This isnt my favourite of the 3 cards but it was fun playing around with nothing but ink & rubber.
Posted by Playing with paper at 13:48