Tuesday 22 May 2012

new stamp

I havent bought a new Tilda for a very long time but this one just jumped off the shelf screaming my name.  Many a time I've had to come home from the beach with sopping wet skirts because I couldnt resist paddling in the waves or reaching in for yet another shell.  Mum is exactly the same so as long as I remember where I put it that's who the card is for.

Papers are Authentique, "Gathering" and are a totally not me colour but they lent themselves to a seasidey theme.  Layout is from Sketch Saturday

Copics to colour Tilda were just various oranges and I scribbled the sky & sea with b0s & bg0s with no attempt to blend them "properly"  The hair is my favourite, E71, 74, 77 & 79 and the shell e20s.

Flowers are from Wild Orchid, frondy diecuts from Marianne Designs, sentiment is a mix of SU and a Whimsy ticket.  SU orange card, payper box burgundy card and the lace from Ribbon Box.  Thanks to Tracy for the pearl trim.. came in dead handy.


It wasnt until I had the card photoed and on the blog that I realised I havent got the oval placed quite straight, oops lol.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the touches of orange..

kay said...

well if you hadnt said anything sue i wouldnt have noticed....lol
its a fabby card,x

Susie Little said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for playing along at Sketch Saturday, Good Luck xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Super card, great colours and design. Debs xx

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Beautiful card - love your colours

Caz

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Sue, this is so gorgeous. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

Donna x

tiggertastic said...

loving the orange on the papers being picked up in her dress

This week at Sketch Saturday we have a Blog Hop and i have some lovely goodies on My Blog

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

Sue said...

gorgeous card, I love the colours

Sue

ChrisAndCat said...

This is fab. Love the colours and I hadnt noticed the oval til you said...I'm following you now too, as ive finally managed to create a blog.