Friday 7 January 2011

Practising colouring again


This time I've been practising colouring with distress inks. Huge enormous thanks to Alex for recommending Daler & Rowneys Langton smooth watercolour paper. Fabby stuff.

I went with a sketch from Truly Scrumptious and their theme of Thinking of Summer. Cute Card Thursday has a challenge to only used old papers. The blue paper is from Paper Salon which I've had for yonks and over stamped with SU Baroque Motifs in Early Espresso. Hard to see with the overstamping but I punched the edge with my SU scallop trim edge punch.

Tilda is coloured with tattered rose, victorian velvet, faded jeans, bundled sage, brushed corduroy, pumice stone and scattered straw.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love Tilda sat on her wall, fabulous colours, papers and I like the punched border and ribbon.

Thanks so much for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs
Heather xx

Beth said...

Oh this is beautiful! Sweet image and lovely papers too! Well done on your fab colouring!
Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx