Sunday 5 December 2010

Tims tags day 4 and 5

Day 5

Wasnt too keen when I saw Tims blog this morning. Nowt much but a bit of distress ink and utee but have to say I enjoyed making this one more than all the others.

Barn door, fired brick, aged mahogany, walnut stain, forest moss, pine needles, pumice stone & frayed burlap inks. Label and numbers cut with scal & cricut on white card. Numbers uteed with clear then a pepper, really heated with the heat gun to create a white ripple through the pepper.

SU music note wheel, katzelkraft holly flourish, Uk craft mag freebie santa & sentiment stamps. Green sparkles glitter glue and white flowersoft. Really shocked as that's twice I've used flowersoft this week... I hate the bloomin stuff as a rule!!



This is day 4s tag and it was a huuuuge challenge as I the only things Tim used that I have are the inks.

I used a victorian image in psp, fiddled with the colour, saturation and added a mask before printing onto 160gsm mondi laser printer paper. Distressed edges with broken china, faded jeans & dusty concord. I have now found that the mondi doesnt really like distress ink and I'll have to chose in future between printing an image on mondi or stamping something on to my favourite annamarie 300gsm white card.

Single gems and shimmer dots were applied freehand and a ticket using a sentiment held on with a mini paperclip from SU.


After several failed experiments I finally managed a faux facet by alchie inking some shrink plastic (pool and purple twilight) then stamping my partridge in a pear tree with white Brilliance ink, heated til shrunk then added lots of utee.

This is my favourite to look at but I hated having to use the computer to make backing paper. I'm def more of a get inky crafter than a pc one.

No comments: