Thursday 2 December 2010

Tims tags, day 2


Most odd, this is another of bloggers weird and wonderful ways of rotating images.. this one was photoed in landscape orientation!!

Much more my sort of look to todays tag from Tim Holtz and using one of my favourite techniques.. diy custom inkpads. I don't have any cutndry felt so used a dried babywipe.

aged mahogany, frayed burlap, chipped saphire, pumice stone, fired brick, walnut stain, crushed velvet distress inks.

Close to cocoa, glorious green reinker, SU pinecone stamp from Autumn Days, docrafts sentiment, katzelcraft swirl, dim4th music sheet, bottle top and papermania metal snowflake.

Now this was a perfect opportunity to try something I've heard about but not tried...

Docrafts clear stamps are one of the worst there is for not liking ink and they bead terribly with distress inks. Now I always used to just sand them back and hope as it wasnt always sucessful, but I had heard that if you ink them up with stazon, leave to dry and never clean off it will take dye inks better. Soooo seeing as I don't know why I bought these sentiments it didnt really matter if I killed them ;o)

Ok, so inked with timber brown stazon, wafted dry with the heat tool from a distance and.. it worked.. took the distress inks really well. I've wiped the excess distress ink off the stamp and will store it for a few weeks to see if there's been any damaged caused and report back. Word of warning... don't use stazon cleaner with clear stamps.. not all clear stamps are the same, some will rot with just one use of the cleaner.

No comments: