Thursday 16 October 2008

On a roll



Another stencil from Art Of Craft (hope hubby isnt reading this lol) This is from the Suzy range by Marianne Design. I've cut & embroidered the base card with pink gutterman thread then used Forever Friends 6*6 paper and decoupaged it. I'm not 100% happy with it but the ladies at DC assure me it's fine.
This is a bit of an unusual technique for me, it's a stencil from Joy crafts which I've embossed on sparkly white card then cutaway. The candles & trunk are gold card and I've stuck organza ribbon at the back using a sort of fancy/iris fold. Instead of embroidering the candle flames I dotted the pattern with a gold sakura pen and used some glamour dust in the middle. All of this is then mounted over some red sparkly card which is then on a dcwv paper & some more of my favourite white card run through a cuttlebug folder. Bit of ribbon to hide the join and a gold star made using the jumbo star & ribbon clip punches. Seems a large ingredient list for such a simple and relatively quick card.

No comments: