Wednesday 29 October 2008

3 more with stencils

Stencils really are my most favourite tool and give me great satisfaction.

This one is the Anja Window that I used for the pink & silver xmas ornament last week. This time I've backed it with some Basicgrey paper and a 3d from Marianne Design. Mounted over some sparkly white card which has been embossed using a cuttlebug folder.





This is one that I really struggled with. The stencil is a normal size but when used as a diamond it needs a big card. This is a4 folded to make 8*8 with a flap. I've used DCWV papers and embossed the candle design before cutting areas away and backing with red, green & gold mirri. Some embroidery in the corners and a few gems.









This has to be one of my favourites, it's using the same stencil as the xstitch one. I've embroidered with gutterman threads in pink and a very dark purple. Tiny 3d from Marianne and my normal gems and organza ribbon bow with some fused pearls threaded through. Corners were rounded with a Carl punch, I've had it a long long time and it still cuts perfectly every time.
Everything I've used on these 3 came from Art Of Craft. Shh, dont tell hubby but I'm sneaking off to the craft show at Cardiff tomorrow and I know they'll be there just waiting to twist my arm into buying more yummy things.

No comments: