Wednesday 24 September 2008

First Sugar Nellie



Now dont you just love those lovely people at Funky kits? I ordered a few stamps late yesterday morning and they arrived at 10am today.

I have to be honest and admit although I've bought some Sugar Nellies in the past they've never made it to a finished card. Not sure why as they're lovely stamps to work with.

This is from the new Home Grown range and I've taken colouring inspiration from the sugar nellie blog and the Dutch Dare Challenge of no square edges. Deep red, juniper green, & paynes grey faber & castell pencils in the main but with a mix of cadmium orange and light yellow glaze for his fur trim. The plain ovals were cut with my CTM cutters and I created a scallop pattern to fit in inkscape before cutting with scal & my cricut. Ribbons are from a show, snowflake is a papermania metal embellie that I've embossed with a gold glitter powder. Paper is from the last docrafts goodie bag, dont tell anyone tho as I borrowed it from my youngests stash lol. The snowflake corner is a fiskars punch but I dont know the name of the plain corner punch, only that I bought it from Art Of Craft.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Sue, your link was not correct on our blog..But i found youre card..!! its great! regards sandra

angeljakki said...

lovley card can't wait for mine to arrive