Tuesday 1 April 2008

Suzy stencils from Marianne Design.




These are both samples made for Art Of Craft and are made from the same new Suzy template from Marianne Design. The floral decoupage is from Joy Crafts. I've used a flourish stamp with versamark & some stampendous gold detail powder to create the illusion of a background paper it's then been layered on some gold silk mirri. A plain gold border peeloff helps define the area. The suzy template has been used twice to emboss on to white pearly card. Both patterns have been cut, embroidered with a gold rayon thread and finished off with some gems then mounted on green card & gold satin mirri.

The elephant paper is from Marij Rhyder. This time I've cut the same white card into a 13cm square. On the reverse I marked a 2cm border and used this to position the stencil into the corners. It's then been embossed and had a few areas cut away. I've used the same gold satin mirri & some red card to matt & layer. I'm a bit of a magpie and love sparkly things so added a few small green gems, the bindi style ones are from Joy Craft. A nice organza bow in the corner with some gold bead chain threaded through and a peeloff to finish. I think I might pop to the shops later and get another elephant sheet to make it 3d but I'm housebound until Argos turn up with the new tallboy & bedside cabinets so it might stay as is.









No comments: